57′ Bayliner Pilothouse 5788—– 2000 model ——–SUPER upgraded.
- New Zealand
- 57 ft.
- Boat Type:
- Boat Name:
December 2019 update: Passion has just completed a total refit for her 20th Birthday. She now supports a beautiful new hull color via a hull wrap, and a silicone (she’s faster now)bottom wrap. New electronics, outboard engine rebuilt, tender refurbished, new carpets and canvas. Her MAN diesels were fully serviced and she’s received new coolers etc. She ran 23 knots full loaded with fuel, water, and tender, etc.
2018 update: This vessel is now in New Zealand, and she’s for sale, but due to the fluctuating exchange rate, I can’t peg a specific price. If you’re a serious buyer (not a broker or agent!) I will put you in direct contact with her owner. He paid a pretty penny ($90k)to ship her home, paid all the NZ taxes. A buyer in Australia or New Zealand would do best to buy this boat than try to import one from the States.
This information goes back to 2010 and was updated as needed.
She’s been recently totally professionally serviced after being in freshwater shed kept ‘dead’ storage since 2010. Everything needed to voyage to Florida was done by Atlantic Yacht Basin in Virginia. She’s ready to go “wherever”, and that wherever was New Zealand.
Following is a Oct 2015 letter from her owner to me regarding what he’s had to do to make her ready for the long passage to Florida to be loaded on a ship home to NZ, after sitting in a boatyard under cover IN freshwater for five years. A boatyard that regularly serviced the vessel to keep her operational during her storage . Imagine the condition of boats that sit NOT being regularly serviced?
LOA: 57′ (59’4’oa) Beam: 17’2″ Displacement: 53,000
Draft: 4’11” Bridge Clearance: 19’7″
Engine(s): M.A.N Engine(s) HP: 610 Hours: 1148
Cruising Speed: 21 Max Speed: 23.5
Fuel: 800 Water: 226 Holding: 76
Surveyed for Insurance on July 27th 2012. She passed with flying colors. EVERYTHING worked as it’s supposed to. Was given current market value of $535k. The ONLY recommendation was to update the flares. Was rated ABOVE AVERAGE. Note-2012. She’s been in freshwater covered storage since.
This yacht is located in Chesapeake Virginia (Norfolk area) in freshwater under cover. Custom outfitted (08-09) by life long Yachtsman for comfortable cruising and professionally updated since. Other than the short jaunt from the Hudson River to her current storage (in freshwater) for two season’s- this yacht has alway’s been in fresh water-her whole life and it shows .I sold this yacht from her original owner when she lived way up the Hudson River in NY in the Winter of 2008 -to her current and 2nd owner who had previously purchased a 4788 from me in Miami in 2004, which he cruised up to Montreal and back to Miami before shipping her home to New Zealand. During that trip He fell in love with NY area and the Great Lakes. He purchased this freshwater (at time) yacht for his next adventure. After the purchase he had many upgrades professionally added, then cruised her up to Georgian Bay via the Trent Severn, Great Lakes, etc., for two seasons, and back to Syracus New York (look on map where this is located in case your not familiar with American geography) where she was put her in winter storage for two seasons..the 2010 and 2011 winter season spent in Chesapeake Virginia (freshwater under cover). She’s still in storage since Oct 2011 as of January 2013. All photos are from Oct 2010.
Seriously, does it get any nicer than this?
- New Batteries 9/11, upgraded alterators 9/11.
- UPGRADES: Flexiteek on swim platform, cockpit, including the flybridge (2008).
- NEW (2009)quality electronics to include Two (2) Northstar touchscreen 8000i units with GPS, BROADBAND Radar, Split screen, depth, photos with information, etc. Capt’n 22″ screen GPS (stand alone) with 6000 charts loaded. Wind speed, direction, etc., with PC (08/09)
- His and her bikes on custom mount (with full cover -see photos) that can be picked up by the davit to the dock (2008)
- Stainless BBQ grill custom “holster” out of Starboard for quick R&R for mount/storage (09)
- Factory old style tube TV was removed and a very cool complete office was built in this space (note photos)to include Sat Phone, fax, printer, copier, scanner with laptop stand. (2008) connected to the world by Sat/Telephone,Direct TV when away from the dock and cable when at the dock.
- 32″ HDTV was mounted on starboard aft bulkhead (note photos) that allows viewing (swivels) from anywhere in the salon including the dinette (factory tV was quiet limited in viewing possibilities (2008)
- Caribe 12.5 RIB w/25hp Mercury ob w/ depth finder
- Hydraulic davit w/1500 lb. capacity.
- LARGE Dockmate DM 1000 water softener was installed that ALL ships water passes through enroute to the Ultra Violet filter system and then on to another water filter system. This system leaves no spots on the boat, and can be considered purer than bottled water. (2008)
- Bottom freshly painted 2010
- M.A.N engines serviced (oil changes, filters, etc) by dealer
- Extended Bimini top
- Bottom painted and Prop Speed applied to underwater gear.
- 20kw Westerbeke w/650 hours
- 5kw inverter.
This is what us brokers call a Plum Listing as She’s priced right, Her condition is excellent, she’s LOADED with NEW QUALITY equipment and upgraded to a high standard, she’s located in the right location for Canadian and Northern buyers and she’s quite rare on the East Coast market. This Yacht was a 10 when he bought her in 2008 and she’s only been improved on since that time. THIS IS A MUCH LOVED YACHT, operated with professional crew. Keep in mind that this yacht has been a short season (shrink wrapped out of the water -up north) freshwater boat since new. We will deliver south for a buyer and/or to a ship in Florida in the winter, or deliver north when weather allows.
A true pilothouse design, with doors on the port and starboard side of the large wheelhouse. The galley is forward on the same level as the main salon. Galley to port, U-shaped galley to starboard, followed aft by large counter that contains a wetbar w/icemaker and entertainment center that goes all the way to the aft-bulkhead. To port, aft is a large Settee with padded adjustable footrest and by turning it over- a table. The staterooms are accessed by a curved staircase from the pilothouse. The master stateroom is full width and has a Island QUEEN size bed, mirrored and lit vanity, built in 20″Flatscreen TV, and ensuite head with enclosed tub and shower. Guest stateroom to port with staggered upper and lower berths, Another stateroom forward w/Island double centerline bed, ensuite head w/separate shower stall. See layout drawing.
Spacious and located forward port side of main salon.
|Electronics & Navigation equipment
TOP OF THE LINE
|Electrical & Mechanical
Generators are in the Lazerette in sound shields. What little noise there is-is kept outside the living quarters.
All fiberglass w/no exterior wood.7 year structural hull limited warranty, Vacu-bag constructed w/vinylester skin coat. Thermal and accoustic insulation. United construction w/glassed in bulkheads. Meets or exceeds all applicable U.S. Coast Guard safety standards.
Great engine room access from cockpit via lifting the stairs to the flybridge assisted by gas shocks. CLEAN engine room w/excellent access to all machinery.
Central Listing of Blake Davis Yacht Brokerage Inc. Particulars are believed to be correct, but not guaranteed