Bayliner 4788 2002 very nice 4788—- BUT For the engines
- $ 219,000.00
- Marco Island Florida (south of Naples)
- Boat Type:
- 4788 Pilothouse
- Boat Name:
- Little Latitudes II
As beautiful as this vessel was, as highly upgraded as she was, she still needed two new engines, and one had already been replaced years earlier. I’m finding this to be a serious Issue on all these Bayliners that still have the original 24 x 24 props on 330hp engines.. They should had been cut down to 24 x 19-21 DECADES AGO. If they weren’t- definitely have the engines surveyed.
SOLD 3/2018 for $200k on an ask of $219k- went to New Zealand to a buyer who did not survey the engines, nor did the listing broker disclose the failed engine survey. .
The nicest 4788 I’ve ever seen in many years, no other 4788’s on the market could hold a candle to her condition wise, YET:
I first did a very thorough pre-survey, then had Bill Gladding come do a formal survey, of which this boat passed with flying colors-then the oil samples came back. A engine surveyor was then brought in and the engines had the same issue I’m finding on most ALL of these boats with the 330hp engines. They came ‘over propped’ from the factory, and then their owners loaded them down with thousands of pounds of added weight (such as thrusters, batteries, inverters, Dingy’s w/big outboards, etc) and windage such as enclosures on the flybridge) over the years- then ran the vessel near their pins. If the props had been re-pitched to account for that weight, OR the owner didn’t run them hard, fully loaded, then they’re alright.
The beauty of this design is that the engines can be easily be removed and replaced quite easily and Cummins has an exchange program where they take your old engines in trade and install re-manufactured engines with Five Year Warranties for only $20-25k (depending on the dealership) per engine. That’s cheap! There’s many Bayliner 47’s and Meridian 490’s out there with new engines in them, but NONE of those are for sale.
She appeared exceptionally clean and well equipped with Bow and Stern thruster’s, watermaker. The bow pulpit had been removed for dockage reasons (looks better too, and none of the ‘soft pulpit’ (plywood core) issues now plaguing so many Bayliner and Meridians), the foredeck is NOW solid,(the survey determined she had been injected with epoxy and repainted, which is good, so you don’t have to do it) no leaks, no exterior aluminum corrosion. Nice new tender w/quality outboard, the davit swivels like it’s supposed to. New carpets (laid loose in salon for easy access to all engine hatches), PLUS she now has ENGINE ROOM ACCESS between the engines like the late model Meridian 490’s. New wall paper, new. new. new. yet- needed new engines.
- Custom through-deck SS. anchor roller with S.S. bow anchor guard
- Max Power Bow and Stern Thrusters
- 60 lb. Delta main anchor and chain (new 2016), Fortress FX-55 (new in box), 45 lb. Delta spare anchor, windlass foot switches (new 2016)
- Heart 3kw inverter (new in 2016)
- Upgrade to (4) 8D batteries (10/15)
- (2) replaced 8d engine start batteries (12/2017
- 12 v. Village Marine Sea Tech watermaker (5 gph)
- (2) Garmin chartplotters and radar (new 2015)
- LED lighting in salon, heads, master stateroom, and anchor light
- AC/DC refrigerator/freezer (new 2016)
- Salon, master, and pilothouse air conditioning units fully serviced (2017)
- Bottom paint (2017)
- Dripless packing units (new 2017)
- Full flybridge enclosure
- Removeable second helm chair
- New padded cockpit chairs with teak table
- Sony stereo in pilothouse (new 2017 with 3 year extended warranty)
- Sony speakers (new 2017 with 3 year warranty)
- West Marine VHF in pilothouse (replaced in 2014 with 5 year warranty)
Engines: 370 hp Cummins (1340hrs.)
- Port engine – new alternator 2017, new starter 2016, rebuilt turbo 2016, upgraded to Seaboard Marine raw water pump 2014
- Starboard engine – new turbo, exhaust riser, exhaust manifold removed and serviced 2017, upgraded Seaboard Marine raw water pump 2016 (the running of serial numbers by the surveyor determined that this engine is a factory rebuilt engine that had been exchanged at some point in her life. The owner never disclosed this.
Generator: Westerbeke 12kw (1271 hrs.)
- Service heat exchanger – de-scale, new end caps and gaskets 2017
- New hoses and belts 2017
Tender: AB 10’10” RIB (2006)
- 25 hp Yamaha 4-stroke with power lift, electric start, and very low hours
- Center steering console with remote controls
- CG approved running lights
Let’s go back outside.
LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT THE MACHINERY: As you should know, DIGITAL HIGH RESOLUTION photography show’s details not seen with the naked eye.
Blake Davis Yacht Brokerage Inc. provides the yachts for sale vessel description information contained herein as a convenience to the website user and does not in any manner warrant or otherwise guarantee the accuracy of such information. Some featured yachts for sale vessels are not for sale to U. S. citizens while the yachts in U.S. waters. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumption’s and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent/s to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessels are, prior to sale, subject to price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice