Bayliner 4788 Exceptionally nice 2002 ——————– — SOLD
- $ 219,000.00
- Marco Island Florida (south of Naples)
- Boat Type:
- 4788 Pilothouse
- Boat Name:
- Little Latitudes II
SOLD 3/2018 for $200k on an ask of $219k- needing new port engine. Her Starboard Engine has already been replaced years earlier..
The nicest 4788 I’ve ever seen in many years, yet.
I first did a thorough pre-survey, then had Bill Gladding do a formal survey, of which this boat passed with flying colors-then the oil samples came back. A engine surveyor was then brought in and the engines had the same issue I’m finding on so many of these with the 330hp engines, which came ‘over propped’ from the factory, and who’s owner had loaded down the boat with thousands of pounds of added weight (such as thrusters, batteries, inverters, Dingy’s w/big outboards, etc) and windage such as enclosures on the flybridge- then ran the vessel near their pins. If the props had been re-pitched to account for that weight, OR the owner didn’t run them hard, fully loaded, then they’re alright. This one though needed a new engine. The beauty of this design is that the engines can be easily be removed and replaced quite easily and Cummins has an exchange program where they take your old engines in trade and install re-manufactured engines with Five Year Warranties for only $20-25k (depending on the dealership) per engine. That’s cheap! One engine had already been replaced years earlier.
She appears exceptionally clean and well equipped. Bow and Stern thruster’s, Watermaker. The bow pulpit was removed for dockage reasons (looks better too, and none of the ‘soft pulpit’ (plywood core) issues now plaguing so many Bayliner and Meridians), the foredeck is solid,(the survey determined she had been injected with epoxy and repainted, which is good, so you don’t have to do it) no leaks, no exterior aluminum corrosion. Nice tender w/quality outboard, the davit swivels like it’s supposed to. New carpets (laid loose in salon for easy access to all engine hatches), PLUS she now has ENGINE ROOM ACCESS between the engines like the late model Meridian 490’s. New wall paper, new. new. new.
- Custom through-deck SS. anchor roller with S.S. bow anchor guard
- Max Power Bow and Stern Thrusters
- 60 lb. Delta main anchor and chain (new 2016), Fortress FX-55 (new in box), 45 lb. Delta spare anchor, windlass foot switches (new 2016)
- Heart 3kw inverter (new in 2016)
- Upgrade to (4) 8D batteries (10/15)
- (2) replaced 8d engine start batteries (12/2017
- 12 v. Village Marine Sea Tech watermaker (5 gph)
- (2) Garmin chartplotters and radar (new 2015)
- LED lighting in salon, heads, master stateroom, and anchor light
- AC/DC refrigerator/freezer (new 2016)
- Salon, master, and pilothouse air conditioning units fully serviced (2017)
- Bottom paint (2017)
- Dripless packing units (new 2017)
- Full flybridge enclosure
- Removeable second helm chair
- New padded cockpit chairs with teak table
- Sony stereo in pilothouse (new 2017 with 3 year extended warranty)
- Sony speakers (new 2017 with 3 year warranty)
- West Marine VHF in pilothouse (replaced in 2014 with 5 year warranty)
Engines: 370 hp Cummins (1340hrs.)
- Port engine – new alternator 2017, new starter 2016, rebuilt turbo 2016, upgraded to Seaboard Marine raw water pump 2014
- Starboard engine – new turbo, exhaust riser, exhaust manifold removed and serviced 2017, upgraded Seaboard Marine raw water pump 2016 (the running of serial numbers by the surveyor determined that this engine is a factory rebuilt engine that had been exchanged at some point in her life. The owner never disclosed this.
Generator: Westerbeke 12kw (1271 hrs.)
- Service heat exchanger – de-scale, new end caps and gaskets 2017
- New hoses and belts 2017
Tender: AB 10’10” RIB (2006)
- 25 hp Yamaha 4-stroke with power lift, electric start, and very low hours
- Center steering console with remote controls
- CG approved running lights
Let’s go back outside.
LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT THE MACHINERY: As you should know, DIGITAL HIGH RESOLUTION photography show’s details not seen with the naked eye.
Blake Davis Yacht Brokerage Inc. provides the yachts for sale vessel description information contained herein as a convenience to the website user and does not in any manner warrant or otherwise guarantee the accuracy of such information. Some featured yachts for sale vessels are not for sale to U. S. citizens while the yachts in U.S. waters. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumption’s and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent/s to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessels are, prior to sale, subject to price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice